Everyone treasures memories through digital photos. They have become one of the most valuable things for everyone especially those photos taken during special occasions like weddings, birthdays, adventures, and the first big events for every person. Unfortunately, these photos can be loss accidentally for some reasons and circumstances unforeseen. You may accidentally reformat the SD Card or press the Delete button unintentionally and requires you to recover the deleted photos.
Fortunately, there’s no need to be alarmed or frustrated. You can recover deleted photos from any device, including smartphones, tablets, computers, and digital cameras, using a variety of methods. We are going to show you how to recover deleted images using a variety of methods.
Recover Deleted Photos on Windows
There are 3 different ways that can allow you to recover photos on Windows. They may not all be appropriate for your particular situation, but one of them should do the trick.
1. Recovering Photos from Recycle Bin
Have you pushed the delete button by accident? It may, after all, happen to anyone. In any case, there’s no reason to be worried. Following a few simple steps, you may easily recover photos from the Recycle Bin. This is what you must do:
- Go to your desktop and launch the recycle bin.
- Find and select the image/s you want to restore.
- Right-click on the selected photos and click on the “Restore” option.
- Once you press the Restore button, all your images will be restored to their original location.
- Browse on the file location to check whether the files are recovered successfully or not.
2. Recovering Photos from Back up Files
If you have a habit of regularly backing up your Windows PC, then you’re lucky! Well, not just your pictures, but if you’ve got a backup stored somewhere on a USB stick or portable disk, you’ll never have to worry about losing your precious data ever! In addition to this, if you use the Windows built-in backup and recovery tool, you can use it to restore deleted photos. To use it, follow these steps:
- Restore the media on which you keep the data backup.
- Right-click on the Windows button, select “Control Panel”.
- Select from either option – Restore my files or Restore all users’ files.
- Search for your lost photos by using the Browse for files or Browse for folders option. You cannot see individual files when browsing for folders.
- Select the files you want to recover and select “Restore”.
3. Recovering Photos by Photo Recovery Software
If your deleted photos are no longer in the Recycle Bin and you haven’t found them on a backup, photo recovery software is the solution. You can download any Photo recovery Software by your choice and follow the instruction according to the tools you choose.
Recovered Photos on Mac
There are several ways to recover deleted photos on a Mac. If the files were recently deleted, you might be able to find them in the Trash Bin, Time Machine backup, iTunes backup, and via using a photo recovery tool for Mac right away.
Let’s discuss each of these above-mentioned methods in a step by step detailed way:
1. From the Trash Bin
The first place to look for lost images or files on your Mac is the Trash Bin. When a file is deleted, macOS temporarily moves it to the Trash Bin to make it available for a speedy recovery.
- Double-tap on the trash bin icon placed in your Mac’s dock.
- Select all the images that you need to restore.
- Right-click on your selection and then select the “Put Back” option from the menu to restore the images to their original location.
2. Time Machine Back-Up
Time Machine is a built-in utility application included with Mac OS X that allows you to back up your device. It’s a critical component of macOS that makes backing up and restoring data on your Mac simple. Here is how to do it;
- Connect the backup disk to your Mac.
- Select the photos that you need to recover in the Finder window.
- Open Time Machine by clicking on the clock icon on Mac’s menu bar and selecting Enter Time Machine.
- Pick all the images that you accidentally deleted or the ones which you need to recover from the Time Machine backup.
- Click Restore to recover the selected photos.
3. From an Itunes Back Up
The third option for recovering deleted photos on a Mac is to use an iTunes backup. You can use this option to recover lost images if you’ve already created a backup of your data using an external device. Use this procedure to restore your photos from the backup:
- Make sure that the iTunes window is closed. Tap on the external drive and then select the iTunes folder.
- Right-click and choose Copy.
- Paste the iTunes library to your chosen location.
- Open iTunes while holding down the Option key.
- You will see a message prompt notification on the screen, select the “Choose Library” option.
- Select the location where you copied the iTunes folder.
- Tap on Open and then select the “iTunes Library.itl file” option from the right side of the window.
4. By Photo Recovery Software
Photo recovery software for Mac can rescue your missing pictures when they are no longer in the Trash or if you have neglected to make a backup copy.
- Download and install the Disk Drill data recovery tool on your Mac to retrieve lost/deleted images.
- Launch the Recovery tool on your Mac, pick the disk partition where you need to perform the scan. Tap the “Recover” button next to it to proceed.
- Preview and select the images that you need to restore, select a location where you need to save restored files, tap on the “Recover” button placed on the top-right corner when done.
Recovered Deleted Photos on Android
Like Windows, in Android also you can use several methods to restore deleted photos. Whether you use cloud storage or need to restore from the device itself will depend on which option you choose. Instructions on how to recover your photos using various ways can be found here.
1. Restoring Deleted Photos from Google Photos
The majority of Android users prefer to use Google Photos as their primary photo app. It’s not only cool software with a lot of cool features, but it also protects your valuable memories by keeping them in a safe cloud location. Using these steps, you can restore photos directly from the Google Photo app. Please note that the steps will work only if it has been less than 60 days since the image was sent to Trash.
- Launch the Google Photos app on your Android smartphone.
- At the top left, tap Menu > Trash.
- Look for the pictures you want to restore. Select them and tap Restore.
- Tap Restore at the bottom of the screen to get back the deleted picture.
2. Restoring Photos on OneDrive
The process to retrieve deleted images via OneDrive is pretty simple and straightforward. The OneDrive Recycle Bin may enable you to recover your lost photos. To do so, use the following steps:
- On your Android smartphone, open the OneDrive app.
- Change to the “Me” tab in the bottom-right corner now.
- Select the Recycle Bin.
- Select the photos you want to recover, hit “Restore,” and you’re done!
Dropbox is a famous cloud storage service that allows you to store and access your files across multiple platforms. Follow these methods to recover deleted pictures on an Android device if you used Dropbox to store your images:
- Open your Android device’s web browser. For this presentation, we’re using Chrome.
- Log in to your Dropbox account by entering your credentials.
- From the left sidebar, select the “Files” option. Select “Deleted Files” underneath the “Files” option.
- After selecting all of the images you want to recover, click the “Restore all files” button at the bottom.
4. From an SD Card
Unlike iPhone users, Android users have the option of adding more storage to their smartphones. SD card (Secure Digital) So, if you’ve placed your data on an SD card and mistakenly deleted it, here’s a method to recover deleted images:
On your Android device, install any disk recovery program. Connect the SD card to your phone or tablet after you’ve downloaded the tool on your PC.
On your Windows or Mac computer, run the photo recovery software. Choose the photos you want to recover. Follow the on-screen instructions to quickly recover all of your lost photos.
How to Recover Deleted Photos on iPhone
Getting rid of images from your iPhone might be a difficult task. Using a variety of ways, here’s how to retrieve recently deleted images from an iPhone. If your photos haven’t been overwritten by fresh data, you might be able to recover them.
Without Using a Software
The first place to look is your iPhone’s internal storage, which keeps recently deleted images for a set period of time, often 30 days. To give it a shot, follow these steps.
- Open the Photos app on your iPhone or iPad.
- Select the Recently Deleted option at the bottom of the screen.
- Find the photos you’d like to recover.
- Select the file and tap on Recover to restore the photo.
With a Photo Recovery Tool
Using a reliable picture recovery tool, you may simply restore deleted images on your iPhone. You can start the procedure by downloading the tool to your Mac or Windows PC. Let’s have a look at the steps for both Windows and Mac.
For Mac, we will be using the Disk Drill recovery software, curated by Clever Files.
1. Once you’ve downloaded the tool on your Mac, here’s what you need to do:
2. Connect your iOS device to your Mac via a USB cable.
3. Launch the Disk Drill photo recovery software, select your iPhone’s name. And then, tap the “Recover” button placed right next to it.
4. Preview and select the images that you need to recover. Once done, tap the “Recover” button to complete the process.
You can confidently choose the Engima Recovery tool for rescuing deleted images on iPhone while utilizing an image recovery software for the Windows platform.
- Once you’ve downloaded the Enigma Recovery tool on your Windows PC, follow these steps:
- Launch the recovery tool after connecting your iOS device to your Windows PC. The recovery software will give you two options for retrieving images: from an iTunes backup or from the iCloud. Make your choice and go on to the next step.
- To search for deleted photos on your iOS device, tap the “Start Scan” button until a complete scan is completed.
- Select the photos you need to recover from the tool’s list of all the images, and you’re done!
From an iPhone Backup
Even if you accidentally lost photos saved in the Camera roll, there’s nothing to worry about if you regularly back up your iOS device. Follow these steps to perform the operation.
- Navigate to Settings> General> Reset on your iOS device.
- Choose Erase All Content and Settings and confirm the reset by tapping Erase iPhone.
- Select Restore from iCloud Backup from the setup screens.
From an iTunes Backup
You can also recover lost photos to your iPhone from an iTunes backup using these steps.
- Connect your iPhone to your computer and open iTunes.
- To access the detailed settings of your iPhone, tap on its name.
- Under the General tab, tap on the “Restore iPhone” option if you’ve got an iTunes backup ready for your device.
- Choose a backup, then follow the on-screen instructions.
From an iCloud Backup
Last but not the least, let’s discuss the steps of recovering deleted images via iCloud backup.
- On your iOS device, open Settings, tap on your profile icon.
- Go to iCloud> Manage Storage> Backups to get started.
- Here you’ll find detailed information about the most recent backup for your iOS device. Proceed once you’ve confirmed that you have a backup stored on the iCloud.
- Head back to Settings> General> Reset> Erase all Contents and Settings.
- Tap the “Restore from iCloud Backup” option in the Apps and Databox.
- Choose the most recent iCloud backup, follow the on-screen instructions, and you’ll be done in no time.
How to Recover Deleted Photos from a Digital Camera
It’s possible that you’ll need to recover images from your Canon, Nikon, or other brands of digital cameras. The first place to search is in the camera’s recently deleted folder, which stores files that have been removed temporarily. If they aren’t there, you can restore your files with Disk Drill. To recover deleted photos from your digital camera, simply follow these simple instructions.
- Download and install Disk Drill to your computer.
- Connect the camera to your computer and run the software.
- From the list of accessible storage devices, select the camera.
- To begin the scanning process, click Recover on Mac or Search for Lost Data on Windows.
- Select the files you want to recover from the photos found by the tool.
- Click Recover to retrieve the lost photos.